Who We Are
Unlimited Biking is the best bike rental, tour and city experience company operating in New York, San Francisco, Washington DC and Miami. Our goal is to provide our customers with the ability to create meaningful and memorable experiences as they explore cities by bike.
Who you are
We feature a fleet of Hybrid, Electric and Mountain bikes and are looking for a Bike Mechanic to repair and perform regular maintenance on them. Your job will consist mostly of working inside our shop building and repairing our fleet equipment.
What you’ll be doing
- Apply UB standards and follow protocols in the assembly and repair of bikes (includes tuneups, flat tire repairs, gear adjustments, accessory installation, replacing derailers, truing wheels, etc.)
- Evaluate the mechanical condition of bikes and determine what is needed to properly repair
- Follow detailed work and reservations to accurately complete job and paperwork
- Assist in receiving and accurately checking in bicycle & parts orders
- Maintain mechanic area cleanliness including bench and common workspace.
- Align wheels, adjust brakes and brake pads, adjust shifter & brake cables, install tires etc.
- Clean and maintain bicycles in our bike fleet
- Other duties as needed/assigned.
Requirements you will need for this position
- Ability to work on hybrid bikes, electric bikes, mountain bikes and kids equipment is required.
- Minimum 1 year experience working as a technician/mechanic in a bike shop.
- Previous bike assembly experience or equivalent preferred
- Interest in working in a team environment committed to providing an exceptional customer experience
- Strong attention to detail and directions
- Ability to clearly communicate with other employees and customers in a professional manner
- Availability to work a flexible schedule based on seasonal business needs, some evenings & weekends are required
- Ability to lift bicycles and boxes that weigh up to 50 pounds
- Must be professional, outgoing, timely, and responsible. General professional appearance
We currently offer:
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Opportunity to join a growing business and advance your career with us
Commitment to Inclusion & Diversity
At Unlimited Biking we are proud to reflect the communities we live in and the customers we serve. We support and celebrate diversity in our culture and workplace. Unlimited Biking is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.