Who We Are
Unlimited Biking (UB) is the best bike rental, tour and city experience company operating in New York, San Francisco, Washington DC, Santa Monica, San Diego and Miami. Our goal is to provide our customers with the ability to create meaningful and memorable experiences as they explore cities by bike. We also provide Micromobility as an amenity to hotels, corporate campuses and residential communities.
This role will have two functions. First, building and supporting our micromobility program and second, support our local store operations. Both functions require excellent communication and leadership skills. Collaboration with our main operations team as well as our local staff will be integral to the role’s success.
Working with our Director of Micromobility you will also have the opportunity to help us grow our business including our current micromobility pilot program, rider acquisition campaigns, and contribute standardizing
What you’ll be doing
- With the the Director of micromobility you will help plan and implement the installation of new eBike stations at our partner hotels and other properties
- Develop a system for regular maintenance checks at each of the stations for diagnosing and fixing mechanical and technical issues to achieve a goal of a 95% operational fleet.
- Become a super user of our proprietary backend software that manages our fleet. This includes the opportunity to work with our development team to further improve all of our systems.
- Using our in house app to document when the fleets were visited and what issues were fixed.
- Communicating with our partners and providing updates and/or solutions to issues that may arise.
- Apply UB standards and follow protocols in the assembly and repair of ebikes and stations. Including but not limited to:
- flat tire repairs
- gear adjustments
- accessory installation
- replacing derailleurs
- truing wheels
- Station Port replacement
- Evaluate the mechanical condition of bikes and determine what is needed to properly maintain and repair them
- Assist with parts inventory, forecasting parts needs, receiving and accurately tracking inventory.
- Maintain mechanic area cleanliness including bench and common workspace.
- Clean and maintain bicycles in our bike fleet as needed
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Travel will be required - currently within the state of California, with the focus on the San Francisco/Napa Valley area. As we expand there may be opportunities for national travel as well.
- Lifting of bikes, ebikes and boxes - minimum 50 pounds.
Requirements you will need for this position
- Software proficiency - able to learn and utilize ebike fleet management software as well as communicate and teach other team members
- Micromobility Experience a plus
- Experience working as a technician/mechanic in a bike shop a plus
- Ability to work on hybrid bikes, electric bikes, mountain bikes and add on/tandem equipment is required.
- Project Management skills
- Experience using Google Suite (Gmail, Sheets, docs,etc.)
- Must have a valid US Driver’s license and be comfortable driving a vehicle similar to a Ford Transit.
- Interest in working in a team environment
- Commitment to providing an exceptional customer experience
- Strong attention to detail and directions
- Ability to clearly communicate with other employees and customers in a professional manner
- Availability to work a flexible schedule based on seasonal business needs, some evenings & weekends will be required
- Ability to lift bicycles and boxes that weigh in excess of 50 pounds
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Opportunity to join a startup division of an established brand and grow it into a national business
Commitment to Inclusion & Diversity
At Unlimited Biking we are proud to reflect the communities we live in and the customers we serve. We support and celebrate diversity in our culture and workplace. Unlimited Biking is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.